In the culinary world, not many things mesh together as well as cheese and potatoes. Just the thought of soft, salty, melted goodness makes a girl drool. As I said in this garlic dill potatoes post, thanks to my country up-bringing, I love me some fried potatoes.
Since moving to a plant based diet, one of the things I always find myself craving is anything CHEESY. This dish offers the cheesiness that I subconsciously seek in my foods.
For this dish, I decided to highlight the spuds with my super easy vegan cheese and a touch of jalapeno heat. Just chop the potatoes, stir in the cheese, and fry. These can also be baked if you prefer. Either way, they are delicious with a wonderful flavor and a nice crispy outside.
If you are looking for a vegan dish to satisfy your cheesy craving, look no further. Say hello to these Cheesy Jalapeno Potatoes!
This dish is simple and will work well with any protein on your table. I like to serve them with my Buffalo Tempeh Sandwich. Being totally honest, I eat these potatoes without a protein, sometimes for my breakfast.
- 4 medium potatoes
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup oil (I use avocado)
- 1 large jalapeno, diced
- ¼ cup water
- oil for pan
- Chop potatoes into even pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients in food processor or blender and mix.
- Put potatoes and cheesy mix in bowl and stir.
- Preheat skillet on medium-low.
- Drizzle oil in pan, enough to coat bottom.
- Add potatoes to pan and cover.
- Stir after 5 minutes, and cover.
- Repeat until potatoes are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Remove cover and allow potatoes to brown.
- Remove from heat and serve.